Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Boingo Halloween Pumpkin

We have all seen various types and takes on pumpkins this season.  There are fabric ones, plastic ones, real ones and paper ones.  But have you seen one on a spring ? - kinda like tigger ready to pounce.
Well I have tons of these springs - yes the previous owners left me a rather ratty sofa and well - my dog chewed it up more than I'd care to share and right before I was going to have my brother-in-law haul it to the dump - my sister said, " cut out the springs and save those.  You might find something cool to do with them."
My sister is a junk nut.  She will pick anything up and try to see a way to repurpose it.  She is not too cool to dumpster dive- no sir.
Well I did this:
I did two in this fun orange pattern.  It is napkins decoupaged over a paper mache pumpkin.  Then I tied some of my hand- stained, hand stamped Halloween ribbon to the spring.
Aren't you just bouncing to have this? 

linking to:

5 comments:

Inspired by you said...

I like it. The yellow really pops!

Nikki said...

Thats adorable! Thanks so much for linking up to gettin' crafty on hump day :)

Jami said...

I love the spring! It is totally fun and whimsical.

Diane said...

Trisha--this is awesome!!

Karen The Graphics Fairy said...

So cute, I love the spring!
Trisha, I wanted to let you know that I'll be bragging about you tomorrow! I'll be featuring your gorgeous French Canvas on my Brag Monday post!